Automated agent handoff for insurance customer support
By 2026, conversational artificial intelligence (AI) deployments within contact centres will reduce agent labor costs by $80 billion -Gartner, Inc.
AI-enabled digital assistants have revolutionised customer service in the insurance industry by reducing overall customer service costs, including agent costs, contact centre fees, etc., through service automation and online interaction.
How can complicated problems that need human intervention be solved? How can human agents and virtual assistants collaborate without disrupting the customer journey?
"Human Hand-off" enables the customer to speak directly with an agent to address complicated problems by having the discussion from the bot moved to the actual agent. It is crucial that the digital assistants understand when to transfer a discussion to an agent in order to make hand-off occur proactively without compromising with the customer experience.
InsureBuddy's Agent Handoff module automates bot-to-agent handoff by combining AI, advanced analytics, and intelligent chat routing. The AI chatbots and virtual assistants have been trained to automatically trigger human hand-off in the following scenarios, enabling AI + human service across channels and languages.
1.Request-based Routing: The interaction is smoothly switched to an agent when the consumer requests to speak with a live agent, who is then better able to resolve the issue quickly and thereby increasing FCR
2. Sentiment-based Routing: The virtual assistant assesses user feelings using AI-based sentiment analysis and adjusts responses accordingly. The machine learning and NLP models readily identify negative intents when a customer gets frustrated and provide them the option of connecting with a live agent. This guarantees that the customer's issue is promptly resolved, leading to the highest levels of satisfaction while preventing potential customer churn.
3.Priority-based Routing: InsureBuddy's composite AI platform employs a multi-dimensional approach to analyse past customer interactions and dynamic attributes in order to proactively identify at-risk or priority customers, such as those who require assistance with claims, onboarding issues, policy renewals, and so on. For these priority customers, agent handoff is proactively triggered to ensure quick resolution and avoid negative customer experiences.
4. Fall Back Option Routing : In the event of unidentified intents or complex queries requiring human intervention, the conversation is automatically transferred to an agent, ensuring the customer journey is completed.
5. Chat routing in real time:To maximise customer service efficiency, the bot-to-agent hand-off is combined with chat routing options. Chat routing can be tailored to the needs of the business and the use case.
6. Round-robin routing: The digital assistants' hand-off requests are distributed among a group of live agents. The request is routed to each available agent in turn until it is accepted.
7. Language-based routing: Agents are assigned to customers based on their preferred language. Language barriers are no longer an excuse for poor call resolution or poor customer satisfaction.
8. Skill-based routing: Bot-to-agent conversations are assigned based on an agent's skill set and domain knowledge, such as experts in life/property/health/motor insurance services. This contributes to faster issue resolution and higher FCR rates, as well as improved overall service efficiency.
Canned Responses: After transferring the chat to a human agent, the agent is assisted with templated responses for quick query resolution.
Recommendations: AI provides the agent with actionable recommendations to assist in resolving the issue based on the client persona and behaviour. This includes upsell suggestions, in which the agent might advocate a more recent iteration of the product.
Analytics: The customer's data, including demographics, previously experienced problems, ticket resolution history, etc., are available to the agent, allowing the agent to better understand and assist the customer.
AI-powered InsureBuddy Chatbot provides customers with a frictionless human handoff experience by increasing efficiency and overall customer satisfaction.
InsureBuddy Composite AI platform, which combines AI and human intelligence, assists businesses in getting closer to their customers across channels, languages, customer journeys, and transactions.